I’m sure you have heard of a Vision Board. If not – it’s a term used in the successful (yet flawed) book/movie “The Secret”. You are to get a poster board and put on it how you want your life to progress – how do you want your future to turn out. Cut & paste pictures of the kind of house you want, your health, your car, etc… EXAMPLES This is great if you never leave your home. You can stare at your future and imagination it being in the present all day. But what if you work, go to school, drive in your car a lot? Maybe you don’t ever want others to see what you vision for yourself…Give these VISION FLASH CARDS a go….
1) Find a good stack of magazines that reflect what you want. Not a HUGE stack – but a GOOD stack. There is a difference.
2) Go through the magazines and be picky on what you want.
3) Cut out what you like – can be pictures and/or words.
4) Based on what you’ve cut out – go out and get some index cards (they come in different sizes).
5) Look at what you’ve cut out and put them together in themes: love, money, job, house, etc…
6) Take a glue stick (not a bottle of Elmer’s glue – that bubbles up) and past a set of pictures on each card -(front and back) making sure you keep your themes together on each card. For example – on the front you put house and on the back you put money. <—-don’t do. Dedicate each card to one theme. Each theme can take more than one card if needed.
Now you have a choice. You can either:
1) Carry all the cards with you – maybe in a purse, backpack or briefcase.
2) Put your job cards at your work. Your love cards in your bedroom. Your money cards where you keep your checkbook. Your car card in your car – and so forth.
Wonderful idea Allie-I'm going to work on this for myself and also have my son make his own deck.
Thanks Sandy! My son and I are working on ours on Monday.
It's like having mini wish boards on you at all times! neat and probably would work well with people who have larger wish boards and could make very nice gifts for friends who are metaphysical. You could use nicer paper like card paper. Decorate the edges and let the person put inside what they want from different pictures you have already cut out. You would have to make sure you give them a good selection since you are not the one picking. Also you could make get the sticky tape they use in scrap booking and give that with the gift! Who knew, Allie could sell these sets too! Who knew and called them Allie's Mini Gift sets for all your dreams come true! 🙂 Your welcome T;)
I was trying to think of a way to package the idea. I'm sure though before I have time to do it someone else will. Good brainstorming — I like the sticky tape idea and good paper!
CS – Allie 🙂