Passion is something people crave in their romantic relationships. That spark, that energy that sweeps us up into the thrill of being in love. Contraire to what Hollywood has us to believe, relationships take work, therefore passion takes work. To feel passion or see it in your lover’s eyes is not something you can simply will to happen. Open a magazine or flip on the TV and ways to rekindle that spark are a constant theme in today’s advertising; romantic dinners at five star restaurants, expensive jewelry, and trips to Paris. Does anyone have to mortgage their home in order to rekindle passion in a relationship? Thankfully no or there would be many more single and broke people in the world. Here are some practical passion tips to get started:
- Take walks together around your neighborhood or better yet one of the hiking trails at a local park.
- Leave brief notes of love around the house (on mirrors, inside clothing drawer) or in your partner’s lunch, notebook or briefcase.
- Participate in activities you both enjoy. It could be ballroom dancing or boating.
- Surprise your honey by doing something unexpected.
- Work on a puzzle together, read a book or go to the nearest movie theater or drive-in to watch a movie.
- Reenact your first date. Nothing seems to spark the flames as remembering your first time together.
- Spend time alone together,especially if you have children.
- Arrange to meet at a restaurant, and roleplay that you are strangers, meeting each other for the first time.
- Show appreciation for the little things.
- Say I love you often. Show them that you care by your words AND actions.
Rekindling the flame of passion does not need to take a millionaire’s wallet or a lot of preplanning. All is required is the desire to make the relationship work. Spend quality time together and watch the passion in your relationship grow.