Iron can protect against the spirit world, but it can also enable communications.
1. Bring an iron wand (it doesn’t really have to be a wand, but it has to be stick-like and made from iron. A horseshoe will not do, but a large nail will), to the cemetery.
2. If you cannot go to the cemetery, have a picture of the deceased in front of you or imagine a vivid mental image of the person.
3. Point the wand into the direction of the grave, picture or mental image.
4. Speak and listen to the response. The 1st answer in your mind is the correct answer.
5. When you are finished, lay down the wand.