A first date is stressful enough without making a faux pas during the date and possibility never making it to date two. Most first dates revolve around food during lunch or dinner. Going to grab something to eat puts less pressure on the couple to engage in constant conversation and it’s short enough that if one or both is not having a good time the date will probably be over in less than 2 hrs.
To ensure that at least part of the date goes well, there are some does and don’ts to what you should order.
- Eat something you like.
- Order food that can be broken down into bite size pieces such as a steak or a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Take your time with your food. Enjoy it.
- Have a glass of wine or a beer to loosen up.
- Order anything with onions or garlic.
- Eat anything that is sloppy such as spaghettti or a cheeseburger.
- Consume anything that is fishy – like cod or salmon.
- Think soup is a good idea. People inadvertently slurp soup.
- Talk with your mouth open.
- Eat like it was your first meal in 20 years.
- Drink more than a glass of wine or beer.