What do I want? If someone were to tell you to ask yourself that question, what would you say? When I was asked this question last week, I hesitated for a moment and said (what most do) – to be happy.
Ok was the reply from the questioner. A pause. Ask yourself again — what do I want? You want happiness – that’s great! But what does that mean to you?
- To be able to pay all bills with ease and have plenty left over.
- To have one good (romantic, long-term) love in my life.
- For my son to grow up safe and happy.
- To travel.
- To make a difference in people’s lives.
- To open and operate a no-kill animal shelter.
- To create a national food & health assistance for animals.
- To write a bestselling book series
- To get the Black Triangle made into a film or at least a book 1st and then a movie.
- To have writing be the foundation of my wealth.
The questioner kind said hummmmm to himself. And then said.
List a 100 things you are going to do this year to make those 10 steps a reality.
Of course, I didn’t think it would be that difficult. But it is. It takes a lot of soul-searching — what am I willing to do? That is the question. So far I am on #50. 1/2 way done! It has been an eye-opener so far!
Now it’s time for you to ask yourself, “What Do I Want?”