How we embrace the day with our attitude can make or break our day. It can make us productive or lazy, loving or hateful, optimistic or pessimistic. It affects us and the people around us. Once the people around us are affected, then the people around them are also affected. See where I’m going with this?
What is your attitude today?
Once you choose your attitude, pay attention to how others respond to it. Also, how you respond to someone else’s attitude.
If we’re all aware that our attitudes affect more than our personal energy, then maybe we can help make the planet a less hostile environment.
What can you do if you notice that your attitude is less than stellar?
- Consciously noticing that your attitude is blah is 95% of the battle.
- When you realize it – it is time to change it.
- Take a deep breath through your mouth, hold it for the count of 4 and let it out through your mouth.
- Imagine your mind as a chalk or white erase board with your attitude written on that board. For example – we’ll use ANGRY.
- See yourself grabbing an eraser and erasing the word ANGRY off of your board.
- Imagine that you are grabbing the chalk/dry erase marker and writing a more positive attitude on the board. For an example lets use HAPPY.
- Take another deep breath through your mouth, hold it for the count of 4 and let it out through your mouth.
- Set the intention that you will adopt the attitude of happy from this point forward.
Be mindful of this for just 24 hours and note the difference it makes in your life and in the life of those around you.
Have friends, family or business associates who would enjoy this blog post? Share it and get them involved! Re-post to your Facebook, Twitter (tweet and retweet!), Digg, or personal blog page now. Or announce this to your friends by email. And don’t forget to send Allie your comments below too!!